So I got back two things today, my tutorial #2 quiz and midterm test. I did decent on both except I'm disappointed that I'm still making errors when making my P(n): statement.. I keep saying for all or for any for some reason. I'm actually relieved I was given part marks for doing the outline of the proof on the last question of the midterm. It kept me from complaining about my small P(n): error.
Anyways, turns out we're not doing a bunch of upper and lower bounding yet. Tutorial had a few questions about just the lower bound and some mathematical induction on a recurrence. I actually spent a lot of time reading through the text pages to only answer the tutorial questions. The readings will probably help this week when we get into divide and conquer. It seems that this week we only just broke some larger proof about time complexity into parts in an attempt to practice different concepts individually.
No comments:
Post a Comment